Col. David Glantz in lecture quoted a Soviet officer saying "the two most common vehicles to be seen in the Red Army were the T-34 tank and the Studebaker truck".
The Studebaker US6 is a class of trucks manufactured by Studebaker during World War II, produced in the United States from 1941-1945 and in the Soviet Union beginning in 1942.
These had six-cylinder gasoline engines that attained 94 horsepower and were fitted with a five-speed transmission. Approximately 200,000 of the trucks were built, in thirteen different variations, including dump truck and tractor models. The most common wheel configurations were 6×6 and 6×4.
Large numbers of Lend-Lease Studebaker trucks were sent into the Soviet Union via the Persian Corridor. The Soviets found them a good platform for Katyusha rocket launchers, although it was not their prime use in the Soviet Union. It filled many roles in the RKKA, such as pulling artillery and was renowned for its ruggedness and reliability. The truck was affectionately known as the Studer by Soviet troops.